Friday, December 21, 2012

Goodbye Week. Hello Weekend. Lessons Learned: Take 75.

Goodbye fantastic performance of the Canadian and American National Anthems at the CAVS game against the Toronto Raptors; great job by our school's Glee club!

Goodbye as my kiddo's face plastered the arena's JumboTron for nearly 5-seconds while singing the Anthems - so cool!

Goodbye hot cocoa bar on the last day of school before Winter Break - yummy.

Goodbye starting Break off right with friends, Rise of the Gaurdians, bowling, and MineCraft.

Goodbye green grass as snowfall turns you white and frosty - let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

Our Winter Storm warning: lines of de-icer fluid on the streets.

Hello cookie baking Snickerdoodles, Snow Balls, Kris Kringle's Chocolate Krinkles, Marshmallow Wreaths, Sugar Cookies, and Thumbprints.

Hello Alumni Luncheon with Super Hubby (I'm forcing him to attend and it's his school; thanks, hon).

Hello watching lots of Christmas film classics all weekend-long.

Hello staying calm, cool, and collected as we ready for the Christmas feast; I've got a great menu planned.

Hello prayers for my Grandmother as she lives each day getting closer and closer to heaven.

My Lesson Learned this week is so appropriate during this holiday season when Earthly justice takes a backseat. Thank goodness our actions are judged truly, not by man, but by the Almighty. We need to learn to take "judgement" off our To-Do list; it's not our job.

In the spirit of the holiday, I may have to do something I just don't feel like doing. As long as it's legal, I'll do it anyways. I may have to forgive someone that doesn't deserve forgiveness. I'll do it anyways. And, I'll have to love somebody that doesn't love me back. That's OK, I'll do it anyways. Peace on Earth, Goodwill towards ALL!

3 comments:

Suzan Wood-Young said...

Glad you like the snow I sent. ;)

I am LOVD said...

Wow, Suzan! When you send a gift, you go all out!! You sent feet, not inches - thank you!!!!!!

Suzan Wood-Young said...

If you need more let me know. I was worried I was going to need some back for Christmas day, but they are forecasting snow every day for the next week!

 

Back to TOP

Boutique Blog Design