Monday, October 22, 2012

Gratitude Journal Monday

I love starting a Monday when it trails off of a fantastic weekend. No, there wasn't anything big or exciting about the weekend in particular, but there was revelation. It was Sunday, I was sitting in my living room curled up with my latest read, House Lust, and just had this feeling of peace come over me. I can't explain it but I hope you've been lucky enough to experience the same feeling in your own life. It was this feeling of pure contentment, not because things are perfect (because they are not), not because of anything being "just right". Happiness because of circumstance are ideals from giddy school-girl days when wisdom was scarce and emotions runneth over. I've grown-up a bit and have gained some wisdom in this area over the years. The happiness that came over me on Sunday was joy in its purest form and that was seeded inspite of circumstances. I've arrived in a pretty darn good place in my life. The wisdom comes from realizing I've been there all along.

Please share some of your own gratitude declarations and spread your wisdom to others.

326. I am thankful for the warm smell of chocolate chip cookies baking in the oven.
327. I am thankful my son still wants to help me make those cookies.
328. I am grateful each moment I spend with my family becomes nourishment for my soul and spirit.
329. I appreciate the work Super Hubby did in the yard this weekend; working together makes me happy.
330. I am grateful for the riches that come out of living a simple life, centered around God and family.

I'd love for you to start your own Gratitude Journal. If you want to know how I got started, click here.


No comments:

 

Back to TOP

Boutique Blog Design