Friday, August 10, 2012

Goodbye Week. Hello Weekend. Lessons Learned: Take 57.

Goodbye sweet summer London Olympics 2012; you put on quite a show.
Goodbye inspiring athletes who gave us something to cheer for and hope for.
Goodbye beautiful rain drops from heaven that are so welcomed on our dry soil.
Goodbye back-to-school shopping and getting it out of the way so we can enjoy the last week of summer break shop-free.
Goodbye doors opening for me just a smidgen and busting through to an opportunity that I've been preparing for, in what seems like, forever.
Back-to-school shopping and my son finds this cool hat with a lot of swagger! Lookin' good, kid.

Hello rainy weekend, and we're not complaining.
Hello Kitchen Clambake, if the lobsters look good.
Hello tidying up just a bit so I can breathe better amongst the clutter.
Hello finishing up projects that are due the first day of school so we can have nothing but fun next week.
Hello to all the possibilities the weekend holds.

The lesson I learned this week is EVERY BODY, no matter who it is, has a story, a backdrop to their life that isn't revealed in everyday conversation, or how's-the-weather banter. Some people's stories are so heart-wrenching, you would swear they could star in their own Lifetime movie. Now, when I meet someone new, I keep in mind that they have a story to tell, the tale that got them to where they are today or what made them who they are today. Some are tragic, some are inspiring, but all are worthy of our time to try to get to hear them share it.

Do you have any fun plans for the weekend? Ooo, do share...

2 comments:

Ashley said...

We are going home to visit family and friends! They live four hours away, so we don't see them as often as we would like. We'll be celebrating my husband's grandmother's 92nd birthday, and I can't wait to give her our present! (It's a painted family tree with our names on fabric leaves--I'll have to share a picture next week!) We'll also be visiting his grandparents on the other side on Monday and catching up with friends Saturday and Sunday nights. Busy, busy, busy! But next week and weekend I'll be preparing to get back in the classroom, so it should be fun!

Suzan Wood-Young said...

As a Frank Sinatra fan, I've gotta love that hat. Your son makes it look good!

 

Back to TOP

Boutique Blog Design