Monday, July 2, 2012

Gratitude Journal Monday

As I grow older, I find my desire for simplicity ever increasing. I find great joy in noticing a rainbow after a misted sprinkle or admiring the beauty of a flowering weed. Either I'm in my last days, or I'm maturing with wisdom. Lately, I'm drawn to design books touting the "simple home". Even my daily meals have been pared down to savoring summer's harvest in its purest form like enjoying berries straight from the vine or indulging in baby lettuce with just a hint of salt, no dressing.

Life is most enjoyed when it is in its simplest form. Who needs the luxury man offers through material goods and unattainable lifestyles sprouted throughout the pages of Town and Country, when it is the luxury of simplicity that enriches our lives and makes us whole? The luxury of enough. I'm heading in that direction, but unfortunately I have a long way until I arrive to that kind of thinking, but I'm getting there, s-l-o-w-l-y. I pray that my wants never exceed the contentment of knowing all my needs have already been met. Oh, how truly blessed I am. You are, too!
"We are happy in proportion to the things we can do without." - Henry David Thoreau
256. I am grateful for having the purest riches life offers: family, food, and friends.
257. I am grateful I am able to have the time to gather such acknowledgements.
258. I am grateful for the words of gratitude I share with you, hoping the right phrase inspires you.
259. I am grateful for the simple heart that lies within me, slowly surfacing and making itself more and more aware of the luxury of enough.
260. And in all this sweltering heat, I am grateful for air-conditioning.

If you'd like to know why I started my Gratitude Journal, click here.

Don't forget to enter LOVD's 1-year Blogiversary Giveaway! Click here.

Stay cool, friends, and have a great Monday.

1 comment:

Denise said...

"259. I am grateful for the simple heart that lies within me, slowly surfacing and making itself more and more aware of the luxury of enough."

oh... i need that.

lovely.

happy monday!

 

Back to TOP

Boutique Blog Design