Thursday, January 12, 2012

Judgement

Yeah, that's whipped cream atop my pancake. Are you judging me?
We're human. We judge. It's what we do. We know it's wrong, yet we just can't help ourselves sometimes. There are stereotypes that make judgement so easy to justify. There are insecurities that help raise us up while we judge others by putting them down. Why do we do this? Who isn't familiar with "Judge not lest ye be judged"? Do we recall the biblical advice of taking the beam out of our own eye before removing the speck out of someone else's eye?

It's hard to be human. Yet, it's also so very exciting. Each day we have an opportunity to get it right. We can all control our own thoughts about ourselves and about others. I've decided to make a concerted effort in doing just that by, first, looking in the mirror. It starts with truth and consciously not taking offense. My heart is always in the right place and if it stays there with all my actions, then I know I've done good, regardless of perception. So, go ahead and add whipped cream to your pancake at breakfast sometimes. I know if I did that every day it would be the wrong decision for me. Remember, conviction is OK. That's that little voice inside you saying you may not be making the best choice. But, thanks to grace and redemption, we are never condemned by our actions. Whew!

Today's post is true to its label, "Random Ramblings". My mind was racing from one idea to another and today's words are what came out. Sorry for being all over the place in thought.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is tough, and I think it is what makes us entirely human. I intimately know that awful feeling of being judged by someone - but many times do the same. Ugh! I too am so thankful for His grace.

P.S. Sometimes I add the whipped cream to my coffee and - are you ready - chocolate chips and nuts to my pancakes....

Hope you are having a great day.

Suzan Wood-Young said...

Struggling with the self judgement at the moment.

The Cheese Thief said...

It is hard to be human. I struggle with judging all the time, on myself and upon others. I have to remind myself that I shouldn't judge others, especially when I'm being critical because deep down inside there is an insecurity in myself.

 

Back to TOP

Boutique Blog Design