Friday, July 29, 2011

Goodbye Week. Hello Weekend. Lessons Learned: Take 5.

Goodbye July.
Goodbye homemade peach ice cream that disappeared way too fast.
Goodbye Chuck E. Cheese playdate - even with 9-year olds, you're still a hit.
Goodbye playing made up card games that totally rock.
Goodbye lightening show and thunderstorms lulling us to sleep at night.
Freshly picked peaches. Recipes to come!

Hello August.
Hello picnic in the park.
Hello to finding gnomes in the garden.
Hello beach sand in our shoes.
Hello to making the last weeks of summer break even more fun than the first weeks.

This week I learned if my son doesn't get over his bee/wasp phobia, we may never eat outside on the deck ever again. I thought about tying him down to the chair but didn't want the local authorities interrupting our dinner (this last part is a joke...you know that, right?)

4 comments:

tink said...

cant wait for the recipe, i love peaches

I am LOVD said...

Thanks, tink! The recipes won't disappoint, I promise. Let me know if you try any of them. Look for them in next week's posts! Thanks for commenting.

Christa said...

Have fun finding the gnomes! We had a great time.

I am LOVD said...

Thanks Christa! I can't believe it took us this long to get there - and we're members!

 

Back to TOP

Boutique Blog Design